The purest days of Navratri are close to end and Durga Puja ends on the 11th October this year. As a tradition, Hindus eat and let others eat sweets on the day of Vijya Dashmi. Do an experience on this day and let your family members to eat a different type of sweets, Dhaniya Barfi.
- ¼ cup melon seeds
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- 1 cup coconut powder
- 1 cup coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- Equipment – bowl, pan
- Preparation time – 20-25 minutes
- Cooking time – 25-30 minutes
- Serving size – 2-3 people
- At first, roast the melon seeds in a pan.
- After roasting, pour the seeds in a bowl.
- Now roast the coconut powder in the same pan that you have made empty.
- Mix the melon seeds and coconut seeds.
- Roast the coriander powder in the pan.
- In the mean time, add the cardamom powder to the mixture of melon and coconut seeds.
- Now add the roasted coriander powder to the mixture.
- Add sugar in the pan.
- Mix desi ghee in the caramelize.
- Now add the coriander mixture in the caramel.
- Give a shape.
- Coat the shaped barfi’s in the remained coriander mixture.
- Garnish the made barfi’s with cardamom powder.
- Your barfi is ready to serve.