Sinuses, medically known as sinusitis, are a group of four paired networks of empty channels around our nose, eyebrows and under the eyes. We have four pairs of sinuses in your head:
- Two Sinuses behind our eyes
- Two Sinuses behind our cheekbones
- Two Sinuses behind our forehead
- Two Sinuses at either side of the bridge of our nose
A healthy sinus has a very thin layer of Mucus, which is used for inhale and exhale. Inhale air produces heat and keeps evaporating the mucus and the Mucosa keeps producing mucus to balance the mucus layer. Mucus filters the air, blocking few bacteria from
entering in. A sinus infection happens when your nasal cavities become infected from the virus. In most of the cases, sinus infections are caused by viral infections, not bacterial infections.
Sinusitis cases mostly seen in those peoples who work in air conditioned environments or work which involves very less physical activity or drink less water. In all these cases, breathing is very slow which causes to more mucus thickening. After mucus thickened,
it allows bacteria to settle down and multiply faster.
Sinus Infection is divided mainly into two categories:
When people suffer from cold and flue, it develops quickly and clears up within 12 weeks.
When symptoms last for more than 12 weeks.
Main symptom of Sinus Infection:
- Pain in the area of brows, forehead and cheeks where the sinus channels are found
- You can feel congestion in your face.
- You can feel Headache, which is caused by pressure and swelling in sinuses
- You can feel Cough, as discharge may go to throat that causes irritation in throat. This can lead to a persistent and annoying cough, which can be worse when lying down to sleep.
There are several treatment available to treat sinus infection some of them you can try at home:
How to quickly relaxed from Sinusitis
- Sit comfortably with your back straight and your head relaxed. With the tip of the tongue, push the top of the mouth, in the middle of palate. Hold for 20 seconds.
- At the same time, press in the middle of the eyebrows with the thumb.
- After that, take rest for 10 seconds
- Repeat again. In short time you will feel the congestion disappear.
Homemade treatment of sinus infection
Please read : 5 WAYS TO USE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR FOR SINUS INFECTION for homemade treatment.Disclaimer – The views and opinions mentioned here are the writers’ own thoughts or based on the talks held with some of the professionals of respective fields. Never consider the tips or ideas mentioned on Stay Young & Healthy as a substitute for physician’s advice. At Stay Young & Healthy, we strongly advise you to consult your doctor for more details.