Thailand’s 10 Most Visited Places
Thailand is a diverse and beautiful country having a lot of tourist attractions. A warm climate, beautiful beaches, delicious cuisine and unforgettable heritage are just some reasons so several tourists come to Thailand every year to get relaxed and explore this destination. Although there are a large number of places to visit in this country here are only the 10 most visited places.
1. Bangkok – Bangkok, one of the world’s top 10 tourist destinations, is the national capital city and gateway to Thailand tourism. It is the place which is included almost all Thailand tours. A Travel +Leisure Magazine has been named it as the “World’s Best City” since 2010. Here you will have opportunity to visit Grand Palace, Jim Thompson House, Bangkok National Museum and the Royal Barge National Museum in your tour to Thailand.
2. Chiang Mai – Completely different from Bangkok, Chiang Mai has cooler weather and green hills. Visiting this northern capital of Thailand, you will activities like trekking, ziplining an exploring hill tribe village in surrounding hills. You will have opportunity to visit many temples, restaurants, cafes and to do cheap shopping.
3. Phuket – The best known for its beaches, Phuket draws numerous tourists who are on their Thailand tour. You will have activities like snorkeling, swimming, jet-skiing, diving, yachting, para-sailing, free diving, kite surfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding and deep sea fishing to do.
4. Pattaya – A seaside resort, Pattaya is around 150 kilometers away from Bangkok and has been successful in drawing visitors on their trip to Thailand. It is the place which is included in Thailand holiday by most of beach lovers. You can do activities like jet-skiing, banana-boat rides, parasailing, water-skiing, windsurfing, etc.
5. Pai – Pai, a riverside village, is visited for getting fresh air, relaxed, healthy lifestyle and yoga retreats. Further, you can know friendly Karen and Lana culture.
6. Railay – Railay feels like an island however it is not one. The blue water of ocean here provides you an unforgettable experience. The land of white sand beaches offers you the opportunity to have rock climbing and beautiful scenery.
7. Ayutthaya – The ancient capital of Thailand, Ayutthaya is just two-hour train journey from Bangkok. Established in 1350, it remained the capital of Thailand for 417 years and was declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site having ruins of numerous old temples scattered across the modern city.
8. Kanchanaburi – Located on the bank of the River Kwai, Kanchanaburi is just 2 hour bus journey away from Bangkok. It is included in tour Thailand to know the second World War history and to visit Erawan National Park, Sai Yok National Park & Taweechai Elephant Camp and to get a chance to interact with tigers at the Tiger Temple.
9. Chiang Rai – Alternate to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai draws the attention of tourists who have interest in knowing a little more about Thai culture. You will have a glimpse of Northern Thailand culture visiting numerous temples, markets, museums and cultural.
10. Khao Yai National Park – Declared as a UNESCO World Heritage site, Khao Yai National Park is the first national park and the 2nd largest national park of Thailand. You will have a chance to see more than 320 species of birds, elephants, Asian tigers, gibbons and many more wild animals.