Summer is round the corner. Gradually, it will start making you uncomfortable. In May-June, it becomes hard for you to beat the heat of summer. You make use of electric appliances like fans, coolers and air-conditioners to get relaxed from uncomfortable summer days. Keep in mind that there are some food items and drinks like ice-cream, curd, watermelon, grapes, etc apart from cool water that can support you to cool down the heat. It is always not easier to go out for having ice-creams. With just a little labor, you can have delicious and healthy ice-creams at your home. You need to prepare it. I am going to mention ingredients and method for preparing buttermilk ice cream at home.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar
- 12 large egg yolks
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence simmered with the cream – Pinch of salt
- Combine one cup of sugar with the heavy cream in a large pan
- Bring simmer over medium heat
- Whisk egg yolks and the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar in a large bowl
- Drizzle a small amount of cream mixture into the yolks whisking constantly
- Keep the eggs from curdling and keep doing it for a few more times before pouring the yolk mixture back into the cream. Continue whisking
- Cook over the low heat till the mixture becomes thick enough to keep onto the back of spoon
- Break the mixture and whisk into the buttermilk, salt and vanilla essence
Disclaimer – The views and opinions mentioned here are the writers’ own thoughts or based on the talks held with some of the professionals of respective fields. Never consider the tips or ideas mentioned on Stay Young & Healthy as a substitute for physician’s advice. At Stay Young & Healthy, we strongly advise you to consult your doctor for more details.