Spicy Egg Curry Recipe – Get the Easy One
Spicy Egg curry, a wholesome and delicious main course recipe, is made from eggs, curry leaves, tamarind paste, coconut milk with a tomato-onion gravy. Being a fond of eggs, you can go for this. To support you here is Spicy Egg Curry Recipe. You can pair it with plain dosas and hot rice or chapatis.
Total Time – 35 Minutes Preparation Time – 15 Minutes Calories – 415
- 6 boiled, peeled egg
- 1/4 cup refined oil
- 3/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3/4 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 handful curry leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 inch peeled, sliced ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 finely chopped onion
- 2 pinches salt
- 4 chopped tomato
- 4 sliced & slit green chilli
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 handful chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Keep the flame medium and heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over it. Fry the mustard seeds for a few seconds after adding the same to the pan. Add the onions and saute until they turn slightly pinkish in hue as they start to splutter. Now add chopped green chillies and the cinnamon. Fry for one-two minutes. Cook for more 10 minutes after adding the chopped tomatoes.
- Add the turmeric powder, ginger, coriander powder and red chilli powder. Stir-fry all for a minute. Keep the cooking of the spices going on until the oil starts to separate. Add one cup of water and the tamarind paste. Simmer for a minute or two.
- Add the salt, coconut milk and curry leaves. Simmer for a minute after stirring them well. Add the eggs and simmer for 3-5 minutes over low flame. Stir gently to keep the eggs intact. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with dosas or hot rice.