You know our skin is very sensitive. It is the one, which reflects our personality. To look good and attractive, you need to take utmost care of your skin. You need to nourish it by taking balanced diet, using sunscreen lotion & cream and avoiding its exposure to the sun. To keep your skin healthy and smooth, here are 10 skin savvy tips:
- Avoid the sun between 10 am and 3 pm, when the sunrays are the strongest.
- Use sunscreen even on cloudy days – U V rays can penetrate cloud cover.
- Opt for a seat in the shade, if you can.
- Keep yourself covered and avoid the sun, if you‘re fair skinned or know you burn easily.
- Use lip balm with sunscreen, as your lips contain no melanin and will burn easily.
- Wear clothing made of tightly woven fabric so the sun can‘t slip in.
- Try to avoid reflective surfaces, such as water and sand, which can reflect as much as 85 per cent of the sunrays.
- Be aware of the certain medications including some antibiotics that dramatically increase sun sensitivity. Check with your doctor.
- Don‘t forget your eyes! Wear sunglasses that provide 100 percent UV protection, to prevent eye cancer or cataracts, which may result in blindness.
- The only safe way to enjoy the summer sun is to keep yourself covered. Skin cancer is no day at the beach, so don’t let your summer fun cloud your future health.
Disclaimer – The views and opinions mentioned here are the writers’ own thoughts or based on the talks held with some of the professionals of respective fields. Never consider the tips or ideas mentioned on Stay Young & Healthy as a substitute for physician’s advice. At Stay Young & Healthy, we strongly advise you to consult your doctor for more details.