Using a little creativity, you can bring vividness in your daily meal. You have known varied types of parathas like Aaloo-Pratha, Gobhi-Paratha, Pyaaj-Pratha and many more. Today, learn how to cook Sattu-Paratha.
- Two cups-roasted chana dal powder (sattu)
- Five cloves- garlic
- Chopped fine or grated – Two onions, medium sized
- One inch ginger, cleaned and grated
- Three green chillies
- Chopped – Two tsp coriander leaves
- Chopped – Two tsp lime juice
- Half tsp ajwain
- Two pieces-mango pickle
- mashed or one tsp amchoor powder
- Salt to taste
- Two tsp mustard oil
For atta dough: Three cups of wheat flour Two tsp oil/ghee One-fourth tsp of salt
For stuffing: Mix all the ingredients with sattu and add one or two tsp water to make the stuffing moist and easy to fill.
For atta dough: Knead wheat flour, ghee, salt and required amount of water to make a soft dough.
Method for making sattu paratha
- Divide the dough into small portions and make it into round shape.
- Place a portion of the sattu mixture (approx two tsp) in the middle, enfold the filling and pinch off the excess dough.
- Then roll out the paratha.
- Cook on hot tawa or flat pan, applying oil/ghee till both sides are cooked and golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with curd, chutney or sauce.
- You can eat it in your breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Disclaimer – The views and opinions mentioned here are the writers’ own thoughts or based on the talks held with some of the professionals of respective fields. Never consider the tips or ideas mentioned on Stay Young & Healthy as a substitute for physician’s advice. At Stay Young & Healthy, we strongly advise you to consult your doctor for more details.