When you are very tired and don’t want to cook food having a long process, you can think about fried veg rice which is healthy & tasty and easy to cook. Prepare it and have a perfect end-of-week meal.
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved1 can low-sodium black beans,
- Rinsed 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 eggs
- Cheese (as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper (as per taste)
- Heat a large frying pan on a gas/electric stove
- Put olive oil along with zucchini, beans, tomatoes and rice
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- When the rice begins to stick, add broth and cook until tomatoes wilt and the zucchini begins to brown. Cook around 5-7 minutes
- Prepare the eggs in a separate nonstick pan in your favourite preparation scrambled, sunny side up, or poached work well while the rice and vegetables cook
- Serve rice mixture in bowls, and top with eggs, cheese, and some fresh groundnuts.
Disclaimer – The views and opinions mentioned here are the writers’ own thoughts or based on the talks held with some of the professionals of respective fields. Never consider the tips or ideas mentioned on Stay Young & Healthy as a substitute for physician’s advice. At Stay Young & Healthy, we strongly advise you to consult your doctor for more details.