How to Prepare Missi Roti at Home
As an Indian bread, Missi Roti is made with the combination of gram flour and wheat flour and seasoned with spices. Normally ordered in restaurants, it is taken with jeera aloo and makhani dal. You can prepare it at your home as it takes only 35 minutes (20 minutes for preparation and 15 minutes for cooking). Using the below mentioned ingredients, you can make 15 pieces of missi roti.
- 2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour (atta)
- 2 ¼ cups Gram flour (besan)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1tsp Carom (ajwain) seeds
- 1tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ cups Yoghurt hung in a muslin cloth
- ½ tsp Cumin (jeera) seeds
- Salt to taste
- Take a large bowl and mix all the ingredients except ghee in it.
- Add a little water to knead the mixture and make semi-soft dough.
- Make 15 small portions by dividing the dough and roll every portion out to make a disc of 4″diameter.
- Heat the tawa.
- Roast the disc on both sides.
- Now roast the disc on both sides by keeping it directly on the flame.
- Remove the disc before it gets burnt.
- Now do the same with other dough discs.
- Use 1 tablespoon ghee on every disc to smear and serve hot
Variations – You can add finely chopped fenugreek or spinach leaves to the dough, to give a colour to the missi roti.