How to prepare delicious Apple Halwa
We all know a popular saying An Apple A Day Keeps Doctor Away. This saying states that the apple is a very nutritious fruit. Most of nutritionists prohibit cooking fruits as it kills the nutritional values that the fruits have. However, sometimes we can cook fruits. Here we are to discuss how to prepare delicious and nutritious Apple Halwa. Collect the mentioned ingredients and follow the method to prepare this dish:
- Apple – 1
- Almonds – 1/2 tblsp, sliced
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 1/2 tblsp, broken
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Unsweetened khoya – 1/4 cup
Also read How to Prepare Healthy Apple Milkshake
- Grate the apples after peeling.
- Keep the flame medium and heat ghee in a pan.
- Fry the cashew nuts and almonds together for 30-60 seconds.
- Now mix the grated apples and reduce the flame.
- Boil for 10 minutes and keep stirring from time to time.
- Stir well after adding the sugar and khoya.
- Starts to leave the pan sides, when it reaches a halwa consistency.
- Add the almonds, cashew nuts and cardamom powder.
- Remove the pan from the gas stove and store the halwa in an airtight container.
- Serve Apple Halwa as a dessert to any meal.