Often prepared in South India, Potato Onion Fry is a very simple, tasty, healthy and hygienic dish. It is best served dish to rice, dosa or roti. You can prepare it at your home. Just collect the below mentioned ingredients and follow the method.
- Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 table spoon
- Curry Leaves – few Oil – 2 1/2 table spoon
- Green Chillies – 2, chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 to 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – little
- Onions – 4 to 5, depending on size
- Potatoes – 500 gms
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Sambar Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Urad Dal – little
- At first boil the potatoes in a cooker. Thereafter peel and chop them.
- Chop the onions and keep them aside.
- Place the pan on the gas or electric stove and keep flame medium. And heat the oil in it.
- Add asafoetida, curry leaves, mustard seeds and urad dal. Fry all these in the pan for 20 seconds.
- Now add green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Do stir-fry for 60 seconds.
- Add the sauté and the chopped onions. Keep frying until golden.
- Now add the potatoes, red chilli powder, sambar powder, salt and turmeric powder.
- Mix all them well and cook for 2 to five minutes.
- Remove the pan and transfer the dish to a serving dish.
- Serve it with dosa, rice or roti.