Spinach leaves (Palak), a green edible flowery plant, are a rich source of vitamin A. These leaves are also a good source of calcium, iron, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, sodium, potassium, fibre and other nutrients. It is very low in cholesterol and saturated fat. Taking raw spinach is healthier. If you feel awkward taking it raw, prepare a dish using spinach. In our series of fitness recipes, we have come up with Palak Paneer recipe for you. Its preparation takes 20 minutes and cooking takes 25 minutes. As per the below mentioned ingredients, you can serve prepared Palak Paneer to 4 persons. Go ahead for the preparation of this healthy dish.
- 500g Spinach
- 200g paneer (cottage cheese)
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 1tbsp ghee
- 1tbsp cream for garnish
- 1tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3-4 green chilies
- Salt to taste
- Make 1 inch cubes by cutting the paneer.
- Separate leaves and stems from the spinach.
- Wash the separated spinach leaves in boiling water.
- Remove from the flame and refresh the leaves in cold water.
- Mash with green chillies.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- Put the chopped garlic in when the cumin seeds get discoloured.
- Add the tomato puree when the garlic becomes pink. Keep cooking till the oil and the tomato puree get separated.
- Now add the spinach puree, 1 cup water, the paneer cubes and salt. Lower the heat when it starts boiling.
- Permit the curry to cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice after removing the curry from the heat.
- Spray the garam masala over the curry.
- Decorate it with cream before serving.