Navratri Sweet Potato Ladoo Recipe
Navratri has started from today and most of you worship goddess Durga for 9 days. Some of you keep fast for the whole day and break it in the evening by taking sweet meals. Navratri Sweet Potato Ladoo Recipe is a great recipe that gives you the required energy as you break your fast.
Sweet potato ladoos are very easy to make and scrumptious. Prepare it and take it with a plate of delicious kuttu pooris or singhara with aloo curry for breaking your fast during Navratri.
Ingredients for Navratri Sweet Potato Laddoos:-
- 1 cup lotus seed
- 2 teaspoon rose water
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- 3 cup sweet potato
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 7 cashews
Method for making Navratri Sweet Potato Laddoos:-
- Take a deep-bottomed pan and boil sweet potatoes in it. When the potatoes are cool, peel and mash them well.
- Take a pan and place it on medium flame. Heat 2 teaspoons of ghee in the pan and roast makhanas (lotus seeds) until they become light brown in colour. Take the makhanas out from the pan and place aside. As they cool down, grind them to make powder.
- Pour the rest ghee into the pan and fry cashews until they start changing their colour. Add the raisins. Keep the flame low and fry cashews and raisins until they turn golden.
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes. Cook for two minutes and add sugar and rose water. Mix all well in the pan. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens and evaporation starts. Allow the mixture to cool down after taking it out and placing in a flat dish. Add the prepared dry fruits to the mixture.
- Grease your palms and take a small amount of the mixture to shape it into a small ball. Shape all the mixture into small balls/ladoos. After making small balls, roll them up in the makhana powder. Your Sweet Potato Ladoos are ready to eat or serve.