Basically, Moong daal halwa is a North Indian dish. It is prepared in winter. You will have an extraordinary feeling while taking it warm after dinner. However, you can prepare it anytime as per your wish. Go through the requirement of ingredients and cooking process.
- 3 cups of yellow lentil (moong dal)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 small cup of ghee
- Cardamom splits (5 in number)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of milk
- Finely chopped dry fruits
- At first, keep moong daal in water for 12-15 hours.
- Make a smooth paste of soaked daal in processor without the usage of water.
- After that, prepare sugar syrup by mixing the sugar into the water. Heat the mixture of sugar & water to prepare the syrup.
- Keep cardamom pods into the sugar syrup
- Heat butter or ghee in a frying pan on a low flame.
- Add the daal paste after the process is done. Keep stirring till it gets golden.
- Now add khoya or milk. Cook it for some time. Keep it cooking till it becomes thick such as cream.
- Now put sugar syrup into the paste.
- Turn off your gas/electric stove and add chopped nuts. Your moong daal halwa is ready to serve.
- You can add vanilla ice cream to make it more delicious.