Easy to make, Millet Fried Rice is a healthy recipe and all rice lovers love it. Cooked using ingredients such as carrot, millet, celery, spring onions, green capsicum, green beans and black pepper, this North Indian food is very tasty and delicious. You can serve Millet Fried Rice as a complete lunch or dinner paired with hot chilli chicken or Manchurian gravy. So, try making this lip-smacking dish this weekend and enjoy it with your loved ones.
Total time – 55 minutes Preparation time – 30 minutes Servings – 8 people Calories – 313
- 1cup carrot
- 1cup green beans
- 1cup capsicum (green pepper)
- 2 cup millet foxtail
- 2 cup spring onions
- 2 celery
- 2 inch ginger
- 2 teaspoon powdered black pepper
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- refined oil as required
- salt as required
- Place a pan on the gas/electric stove.
- Keep the flame medium.
- Add 4 cups of water, foxtail millet, salt and refined oil.
- To simmer the millet, cover the pan for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Keep cooking until the water is absorbed.
- When it is done, turn off the flame and let the millet cool.
- Chop vegetables with a chopping board.
- Now, keep the flame high and place another pan on your gas/electric stove.
- Add oil into the pan.
- Add chopped carrots, beans, spring onions, celery, capsicums, and grated ginger to the pan when the oil is heated enough.
- Keep sauting the vegetables for 8-10 minutes.
- When the vegetables are tender and soft, add soya sauce, cooked foxtail millet, salt and black pepper.
- Stir for a few minutes after mixing all the ingredients well.
- When done, remove the pan from the stove and transfer the fried rice along with millet mixed with vegetables to a serving bowl.
- Serve it hot with Manchurian gravy.