How to make Sweet Potato Biscuits
Sweet potato, originally grown in America, has been used in India for more than 8000 years. Due to rich in fiber, it is used as fasting food in the Indian Sub-continent. As a superfood, it is good for your eyes as it fulfills 35 %- 95% requirement of vitamin A. This food has anti-cancer and anti-aging properties. It prevents stress, keeps your heart healthy and controls blood pressure.
If you don’t like to take this superfood boiled, prepare Sweet Potato Biscuits. Collect the mentioned ingredients and follow the method on how to make Sweet Potato Biscuits.
- 1 cup, cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups maida (plain flour)
- 3 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 tsp unsalted salt
- Mix the brown sugar, maida, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Whisk well.
- Now add the butter and mix it until the mixture is crumbly.
- Beat the buttermilk and mashed sweet potatoes in an another bowl.
- Add it to the maida mixture and keep mixing until the dough becomes sticky.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and knead the dough four to five times.
- Make roll of the dough in 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness and cut it into 2 inch round.
- Keep the cut round pieces on a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the baking tray into a preheated oven at 225C or 450F and bake the round rolls for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the baking tray and place it aside to cool.
- Store it in airtight container and serve as needed.