As an easy side dish recipe, Shahi Dahi Vada is served on special occasions like Holi and Diwali. People of all age groups love this delicious dish, which is made using urad dal, curd and dry fruits. Try this dish, which has goodness of khoya, if you want to explore a complete new version of popular Dahi Vada recipe.
Total Time – 45 minutes Preparation Time – 15 minutes Calories – 361
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup tamrind chutney
- 1/2 cup green chutney
- 1 cup refined oil
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 2 tablespoon grated khoya
- 2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 2 teaspoon roasted cumin
- 4 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 15 chopped cashews
- 25 raisins
- 200 gm urad dal
- Wash the urad dal and soak it overnight in water. Take out the excess water from the dal and place it into the mixture. Prepare a thick paste without using water.
- Mix raisins, cashews, almonds and khoya together in a bowl. Add the thick paste of urad dal.
- Give a form like vada to the mixture
- Take a frying pan and heat oil in it while making vada.
- Fry the vadas until the color, from both sides, gets changed into brown.
- Take a deep mixing bowl and beat curd in it. Now add salt to it.
- Pour hot water in a deep vessel and add a pinch of salt to it. Soak all the vadas into the hot water and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Place a vada on a serving plate after dipping it into the curd.
- Sprinkle tamarind and green chutney on the top.
- Decorate each vada with red chilli powder, roasted cumin seeds, chat masala and salt.
- Serve a plate to your loved one.
Disclaimer – The views and opinions mentioned here are the writers’ own thoughts or based on the talks held with some of the professionals of respective fields. Never consider the tips or ideas mentioned on Stay Young & Healthy as a substitute for physician’s advice. At Stay Young & Healthy, we strongly advise you to consult your doctor for more details.