Lots of Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Sinus Infection
Sinuses are small cavities in the skull normally filled with air. Sinuses produce mucus, keeping nasal passage free from allergies and pollutants.
Sinus infection, or sinusitis, is an inflammation of the tissues that line the cavities commonly caused by bacterial infections. Sinusitis is the inflammation of the lining walls of the sinuses.
Apple cider vinegar, or ACV, is made from fermented apple cider and is used to treat many health and beauty problems including sinus infection. It is a powerful ingredient, which has powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties, contains high amounts of magnesium, calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2 – which is very useful in relieving infections.
In this article we are going to show you some of the best homemade sinusitis remedies, which include apple cider vinegar. These homemade recipes will relieve the sinusitis inflammation and prevent it from recurring.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
This is perhaps one of the simplest, yet effective apple cider vinegar remedies for sinus infection. The regular intake of this remedy will help you to get rid of sinus infection for sure.
- Organic Raw ACV – 2 tbsp
- Water – 8 ounces
- Take 8 ounces of water in a glass and add the apple cider vinegar to it.
Stir it properly and drink it immediately.
- Take this remedy regularly to keep sinus infection at bay. Alternately drink a tablespoon of ACV 3 times daily.
- You can also mix 1/8 to 1/4 a cup of vinegar to 16 ounces of water and take this ACV liquid throughout the day to get rid of sinus infection.
Note: You can also use this ACV mix to gargle to get relief from pain in the throat area.
You can also see:
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Steam
Apple cider vinegar steam method provides a lot of relief to the person who is suffering from sinus infection by clearing the nasal passage. And at the same time, the antibacterial and antifungal properties of apple cider vinegar will also kill the infection-causing bacteria in the sinus cavities.
- Water – ½ cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar – ½ cup
- A Saucepan
- A Towel
- Take apple cider vinegar and water in a saucepan and stir properly.
- Heat the mixture on the stove for few minutes.
- Drape a towel over your neck and head.
- Keep the face over the steaming pan and breathe the steam.
- Follow this method many times a day for few days to completely cure sinus infection and its associated symptoms.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
This method will give you relief by cleaning the sinus cavity. The antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar will treat the sinus infection in a better way.
This powerful and amazing rinse will clear out your nasal passage, because it clears out the accumulated mucus in the cavities.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Warm Water – 1 cup
- Add 2 tablespoons of ACV to a cup of warm water.
- Using a spoon, snort a tablespoon of the solution in one nostril.
- Tilt your head back and allow the solution to run down the back of the nose and down the throat.
- Either spit out or swallow the solution.
- Repeat with the other nostril.
- Repeat as needed for best results.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Nasal Spray
This ACV spray will give you instant relief from the nasal congestion by thinning the blocked mucus.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 5 to 6 drops
- Distilled Water – 1 tbsp
- An Empty Nasal Sprayer
- Mix the apple cider vinegar in the distilled water properly.
- Pour this mixed water to the nasal sprayer.
- Now sniff this ACV mixed water to the infected nostril.
- Use this remedy at least thrice a day to get rid of sinus infection.
- This remedy will improve your condition within 24 hours.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey
When the properties of honey and apple cider vinegar combined together, it makes an amazing remedy for sinus infection.
The antibacterial property of honey kills the bacteria that cause sinus infection. Its use also soothes the irritation in the throat area. Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce the inflammation in the throat. Also, its consumption strengthens the immunity system and makes the body strong enough to fight any type of infection
- 8 ounce of warm water
- 2 tbs. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. of honey
- Stir 2 tablespoons of ACV and 1 tablespoon of honey in a cup of warm water.
- Drink this 2 – 3 times a day to get rid of the sinus infection soon.
- Gargle with the mixture for added results.