Although Yoga is known to many people, Pranayam isn’t famous and only a few people knew about it. And some are unknown of the benefits that it offers. But nowadays, many people do Yoga and are keen to learn and practice Pranamaya. Among many Pranayam techniques, Kapalbhati Pranayam has actually gained popularity due to its benefits. We also have a world yoga day now, which makes yoga even more popular all over the world.
What is Kapalbhati Pranayam?
Kapalbhati Pranayam is a breathing exercise that is mentioned in the Pranayam Yoga. In Kapalbhati Pranayam you exhale the air forcefully though your nose. Exhale count is little more than inhaling count. Yes, like other yoga poses as well as breathing exercises it is not for everybody. Blood pressure patients, pregnant ladies, asthma patients and some other must not do this. If this done regularly has lots of benefits. Lots of people have realised that. They have started practising yoga.
There’s no age bar for practising the Kapalbhati pranayama and children can also practice this. As pranayama and yoga were invented in India, and it is suitable to the Indian climatic conditions. Best place for the pranayama is having a peaceful area with the greenery where there’s a lot of oxygen. But, the best time for the pranayama is doing it in the early morning when your stomach is empty. However, it can also be practised 5 hours after taking your food. Chronic diseases patients are also advised to practice the pranayama twice in a day. After doing Kapalbhati Pranayama, food must not be consumed for half an hour. If done in the right way by following the complete procedure, this is one of the best ways to do things.
Kapalbhati Pranayam Benefits:
Kapalbhati has distinct mental, spiritual and physical benefits:
- It helps digestion and removal of the acidity or gas related problems. This is a major issue at the present time. Lots of people eat junk food. Lots of people have this indigestion problem.
- Breathing technique generally involves the “active exhalation and the passive inhalation”. During the inhalation, your stomach sinks in & vice versa while exhaling. The stomach movement is thus beneficial for your muscles around it, and including liver and pancreas. Blood flow to all these areas increases.
- This technique involves the forceful breathing that strengthens your lungs and increases the capacity.
- Regular practice of the kapalbhati is beneficial for the belly fat loss.
- It increases the blood supply to other parts of your body.
- “Practising Kapalbhati helps to remove any blockages in your heart or lungs.
- It activates brain cells as well as improves your concentration and memory power.
- It activates your body and removes any lethargy. The facial radiance is a natural benefit as the name suggests.
- “Kapalbhati has the spiritual paybacks also. It activates chakras in your body and helps to achieve the higher and greater awakening.
- Kapalbhati is good for focus as well as checks forgetfulness.