Kaju Jeera Rice
You know you can change the taste of your rice with a little experiment. No doubt that Jeera-rice has been a delicious dish. Adding cashew, you can enhance taste to the jeera-rice that you have been taking for several days. Have a look at its ingredients, cook and give a new taste to your regular eaten rice.
- 1 table spoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 table spoon tamarind (imli) paste
- 1 onion
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 table spoons of jeera
- 5 table spoons of cashew nut paste
- Ghee/butter or cooking oil
- 100 gms cashew nuts
- Black salt (as per taste)
- At first, wash the basmati rice with water and soak them in water later on. Keeping soaking the rice for 20 minutes.
- Heat butter/oil in another pan while the rice is being macerated. Add jeera in the heating oil/butter and low the flame of the gas stove.
- After jeera, add sliced ginger, onion, tamarind, and garlic paste. Fry for a few minutes and add cashew paste.
- Now, add cardamom pods and dry cloves. Add salt as per the taste and keep frying for a minute.
- Pour two cups of water in the pan, mix it well and bring the mixture to boil. When it starts boiling, close the lid of the pan and wait till the water dries.
- Heat butter in another small pan while the rice is being cooked. Add cashew nuts to it and fry it till it gets golden.
- Take out the cooked rice in a big bowl and mix it with the fried cashew nuts.
- Serve it to your loved one.