Be an Early Bird to Make Your Life Happier
I think you would have come across the proverb ‘Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise.’ I would like to add a single more word to this and the proverb would be like ‘Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, wise and happy.’ You can comprehend it by having a look at the life of successful people including sportsperson, politicians, billionaires and other professionals. The successful people believe that the person willing to thrive must rise at five. Being an early bird or a 5amer, you would have a satisfaction in your life in terms of health, mind and happiness.
Leo Babauta (a productivity blogger) says, “It’s a healthy way to improve your mind with focused attention, persistence and passion.” Akshay Kumar, Bollywood actor, has got his time and success by walking up at 5 am in the morning. I am going to name a few early birds who have earned name and fame in this world and those names are Christopher Columbus, Akshay Kumar, George W Bush, Thomas Jefferson, Barack Obama, Indira Nooyi, Narendra Modi and Michael Bloomberg.
How it works
Rising early (at 5 am) can be a challenge for you to change your life habits. Being a 5amer will physically change your mind as it would rewire your brain. It will help you in changing the physical structure of your brain by enhancing the size, thinking efficiency and speed. It is same as change in body structure through regular workouts.
Rising at 5 am in the morning prepares a new map in the brain that expands in speed, size and efficiency over the time. Bryce Chapman (a US based corporate and trainer) says, “If you think about your magnificent obsession during your early morning habit that too, will become a well-used path; bigger, stronger, faster. Early in the morning, the brain is well rested, having processed the previous day’s input overnight. You don’t have many distractions, it is quiet and the time is yours to do whatever you choose.”
Advantages of being an Early Bird
- Making early rise as a routine will provide you a wonderful start to your day. You can have a transformed morning habit.
- By early rising, you will start your day peacefully. This is the time when there are no crying babies, television or radio noise, honking cars and yelling kids. At this time, you can enjoy meditation, peace and fresh breathing.
- You can get enough time for taking exercise and running. By giving a kick start to your day, early rising increases the rush of endorphins that are cause to happiness.
- By rising early, you will never miss your breakfast that is very important for you.
- You will be able to get work on time and avoid the habit of being late. You will be a great head start after making early rise as a habit or routine.
- You will be able to easily schedule and make your appointments and dealings as you would have enough time for planning.
I am sure that being a 5amer will make your life happier.