As one of the most delicious and healthiest spices on earth, ginger has its own medicinal value. Enriched with bioactive compounds and nutrients, it offers many powerful health benefits for your body and brain. Here are some of scientifically proven health benefits of ginger:
- It contains a substance called as gingerol, which has many powerful medicinal properties. Having antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, its usage helps you improve digestion, fight common cold & flu and reduce nausea.
- Regular intake of ginger for a certain period helps you combat morning sickness.
- Its regular use support you get rid of soreness and muscle pain. According to a study, taking 2 grams ginger for 11 days reduces your muscle pain.
- Its intake with cinnamon, sesame oil and mastic (in mixed form) helps you get relaxed from your joint pain and stiffness.
- Ginger lowers your blood sugar level, as it has anti-diabetic properties. As per a study of 2015, taking two grams of ginger powder for a month works wonder and your blood sugar is under control.
- It treats chronic indigestion. Taking 1.2 grams ginger powder before meal accelerates your digestion and corrects the way of emptying stomach. You know delay in emptying digestion causes indigestion.
- It helps you (female) get rid of your menstrual pain. Take a gram of ginger powder a day for the first 3 days of your menstrual period to stay away from the pain.
- It may help you lower your cholesterol level. High levels of LDL lipoproteins, bad cholesterol, cause to have high heart risks. 3 grams of ginger powder lowers the level and helps you reduce the risks.
- Some of the studies have suggested that regular intake of ginger can protect you from having age related brain damage. Due to the presence of antioxidants and bioactive compounds, it can slow down inflammatory responses occurring in the brain.