Rajasthan, one of the most visited states of India, is rich in culture & tradition. It has several things like deserts, palaces, national parks, etc to attract the tourists from all across the world including India. It is very hard to mention all attractions of Rajasthan in this short piece of write up. So, I am going to mention only top 5 cities along with their tourist attractions.
1. Jaipur – Jaipur, popularly known as a Pink City, is the capital city of Rajasthan and houses several ancient forts and palaces. You can visit forts and monuments including City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Albert Hall, Statue Circle, Moti Doongri, Hawa Mahal, Gaitore, Jaigarh Fort, Nahargarh Fort and Amber Palace. Your Rajasthan tour provide you opportunity to visit temples and museums like Govind Dev Ji Temple, Birla Temple, Moti Doongri Temple, Kanak Vrindavan, Sisodia Rani Ka Bagh, Vidyadhar Garden, Albert Hall and City Palace Museum. In order to have cultural experience in your tour to Rajasthan, you can participate in Elephant Festival, Gangaur Festival, Jaipur Festival, Teej Festival and Kite Festival.
2. Udaipur – Enchanting place, Udaipur draws a large number of tourists as it has intricate temples, beautiful gardens, grand palaces and old mansions. In your Rajasthan trip, you can visit places like City Palace, Fateh Prakash Palace, Crystal-Gallery, Jag Mandir, Sajjangarh and Lake Palace in Udaipur. You can’t stop yourself from visiting museums and lakes like Shilpgram.
Ahar, Lake Pichola and Fateh Sagar Lake. Eager to have a look of greenery, you can visit Parks like Sahelion Ki Bari and Maharana Pratap Memorial. If you want to worship, you can go to the Jagdish Mandir.
3. Jodhpur – After Jaipur, Jodhpur is the 2nd most visited city in Rajsthan. Imposing fortress, dominating rocky ridge, greenery and such similar things draw the attention of tourists and leave an unforgettable impression in their hearts. In your Rajasthan tour, you can go to visit forts & monuments like Umaid Bhawan Palace, Mehrangarh Fort and Jaswant Thada. Further, you can visit museums (Mehrangarh Fort Museum in Umaid Bhawan and Palace Museum), parks (Mandore Garden) and lake (Guda).
4. Jaisalmer – Built in 1156, Jaisalmer is known as remarkable sandstone city and houses five palaces, some exquisite havelis and several temples. Don’t forget to visit forts & monuments like Jaisalmer Fort, Nathmal Ji Ki Haveli, Salim Singh Ki Haveli, Patwon Ji Ki Haveli and Tazia Tower. If you want to have in the lap of nature, do not forget to visit parks (Desert National Park, Akal Wood Fossil Park) and lakes (Gadsisar Lake). In order to have a cultural experience, you can enjoy participating in Desert Festival celebrated in Jaisalmer.
5. Bikaner – As an alternative to Jaisalmer, Bikaner is an excellent city to visit and have Camel Safari. It is also known for infamous Karni Mata Rat Temple. Here you can visit monuments & forts that can include Junagarh, Lalgarh Palace, Jain Haveli and Bhandeswari. Further, you can visit museums (Ganga Singh Museum, Sadul Museum and Prachina Museum) and temples (Shiv Bari Temple, Devi Kund and Deshnok Temple) in your Rajasthan tour.Disclaimer – The views and opinions mentioned here are the writers’ own thoughts or based on the talks held with some of the professionals of respective fields. Never consider the tips or ideas mentioned on Stay Young & Healthy as a substitute for physician’s advice. At Stay Young & Healthy, we strongly advise you to consult your doctor for more details.