3 Ways to include yoga in your daily life
In today’s world, we live a hectic life. And hence, it is not always possible for us to schedule time for taking exercises or performing yoga poses, let alone practice yoga. Though there can be no replacement for the entire session, you can easily include some postures of yoga in your daily life.
Yoga while bathing
You can perform the following exercise while taking a shower. The calming influence of water will enhance the healing effects of this posture.
It brings about an agile flexibility in the neck and eases proper spinal health. Taking this exercise regularly will keep chances of incurring spondylitis away.
- Before performing this yoga pose, keep your body straight and chin relaxed.
- Breathe in while lowering your neck. As far as possible, gradually lift it to its starting position before lowering.
- Breathe out when you reach the neutral position.
- slope your head to the right while inhaling slowly. Breathe out and return to the neutral position.
- Try this pose for the left and back in a similar way. Rotate your head slowly in the clockwise direction once when you complete its four rounds.
- Breathe slowly while bringing your head to the neutral position.
- Rotate your head in the counter-clockwise direction, while breathing in the manner explained above.
Yoga at work
It is easy to take out some time for yoga in the mid of work in the office. There are some yoga poses that require very little time to perform. One of them is Warrior Pose.
The Warrior Pose
It corrects the spinal posture and supports relax the upper body. Follow the steps to perform this yoga pose
- Stretch out your arms, with the fingers pointing outward.
- Take a step in the outward direction bending your knee and keeping your left foot straight with your right foot forward.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds while you breathe in a slow rhythmic manner, keeping your upper body at rest.
- Switch sides and repeat this posture with the other foot.
Yoga in the kitchen
You can perform Pranayam (Breathing Exercise) with ease while you saute your tomatoes and wait for the eggs to boil.
Pranayam (Breathing Exercise)
It propounds the ancient way of breathing properly, through the diaphragm instead of the stomach. It enhances concentration and circulation. Some of the yoga experts believe that its regular practice can cure heart ailments and help you to lose weight.
- Put your thumb on your left nostril.
- Inhale as deeply as you can and hold the air in for some time. When you inhale, your belly should feel a tension.
- When you have to exhale, switch your thumb to block the left nostril and breathe out through the right. When exhaling, your belly should feel relaxed.
- Repeat this process for half an hour.