Sleeping late night: How to Stop the Night-time hunger?
Working late in the night is something we all are habituated to. And this is not really the matter of concern; what is of concern rather is the fact that these late night projects of yours are often accompanied by a lot of snacks. You know this adds unwanted calories to your body, but you just can’t simply curb these late night munchies. Here, we help you get over this habit. Read on the amazing tips below-
- People, who can’t stay away from the kitchen, should actually sleep early. Once you are done with your dinner, there shouldn’t be any more food intake. And the best way to ensure this is by going to bed a little early than usual.
- If you are stuck with this habit and you can’t do anything about it, then the best solution would be to keep only healthy food items in the house. Keeping healthy food items could help you in two ways- first, you will eat healthy, every time you eat; secondly- eating healthy all the time will eventually bore you, and you will end up not addressing those late night hunger pangs anymore.
- If your fridge seems like the main culprit, stick a photo of yours on its door. Either stick a picture that you immensely love because you look so fit in it or a picture that you simply hate because how overweight it makes you appear. This will motivate you to not eat unnecessarily.
- Another amazing way to keep away from the pantry is to brush your teeth as soon as you are done with your dinner. Because your teeth are clean, you are less likely to grab something to eat and make your mouth dirty again.
- If you can’t stop eating at night just because you think your hands need to remain engaged then involve yourself in some art or craft. Knitting, weaving or crochet making are some of the most common things people try.
- If you consider food your night time mate, then it would be wise to swap it for another companion. Talking to someone over the phone will keep you away from those night time munchies.
- Consciousness could help you a great deal in this regard. What kind of consciousness? Just being aware of how many calories you load your body with, each day. When you create a food diary and note down the calories you get with every snack you gorge on, you become more aware and accountable. This way, a lot of people have been able to control their night-time hunger pangs. Have you given it a try yet?
- Watch a great movie or anything on the TV, until you fall asleep. Make sure there are no commercial breaks in between. No break would mean, no time to get up and grab that bag of chips.
- Before you put the morsel into your mouth just ask yourself why you are eating. Is it because you are really hungry, or because you don’t have anything else to do. If the latter is your answer, then picking up something interesting to do, could be a great alternative to eating.