Know the types and shocking health benefits of oats
With the increase in the number of health conscious people, there has been a rise in the consumption of millets and grains. Oat is one of the grains that has gained popularity across the globe due to its shocking health benefits. This cereal requires no introduction. Often known as Aveno Sativa, it is rich in minerals, vitamins and fibres. In addition, it is a rich source of magnesium, antioxidants and zinc. In India, it is known as Jai. Mainly grown in Haryana and Punjab, it needs paddy fields to grow.
Types of oats
The USA, Sri Lanka are the countries that export oats to India. Based on the pattern of global consumptions, there are four types of oats:
- Steel Cut – Processed using a sharp metal, raw groats of oats are easy to cook and digest.
- Whole Oat Groats – After the removal of outer layers, non-edible hulls, whole oats can be cooked easily.
- Scottish oats – These are derived from the traditional method of outer cover removing, manual stone grinding that is popular in Scotland.
- Quick Rolled oats – Rolled in flakes, these oats are steamed. The rolling process restores its essential healthy oils and hence, such oats have a longer shelf life.
Health Benefits of oats:
Atta, bajra, gram flour and maida are a few cereal that are s staple of Indian meals. As people like you are making experiments to know the health benefits of grains, oats are getting a part of Indian food. Here are some reasons why to include oats in your daily diet:
- Rich in minerals and vitamins
- A plentiful source of beta-glucan fibre that makes the function of bowel system well
- Reduce bad cholesterol level
- Support in decreasing blood sugar level
- Being very filling in nature, it keeps you full for a longer period
- As a natural face scrubber, it removes pollutants from your face easily