Edited & Updated – Winter is at its young stage, and the weather is chilled in the morning and at night. There is a rise in hospitalization related to heart problems. Dr Alok at Jeevak Heart Hospital says, “Because of cold weather, smog and pollutants settle on the ground lead chest infections & breathing problems. In winter, blood pressure rises, and coronary arteries shrink leading to lack of blood supply to the body. As sweating doesn’t occur, the extra water gets accumulated in the lungs leading to failure symptoms”. Therefore, it is clear here that you need to take care of your heart in winter. For your support, here are some tips:
- Keep your workout continued on a regular basis if you the one with a weak heart. You can modify your timing to escape yourself from extreme weather conditions in winter.
Read this – The Best 5 Exercises For A Healthy Heart
Also read – 5 Foods for Your Healthy Heart
- Reduce the intake of water and salt because there is no loss of these two through sweating in winter.
- Monitor your BP regularly. Get the right treatment if it is detected high.
- Avoid having chest infections. Take proper vaccines for pneumonia and influenza before the onset of winter to avoid having infections in your chest.
- Consult your physicians immediately when you observe the symptoms of infections. Follow your doctor’s advice and don’t skip your prescribed medications.
Disclaimer – The views and opinions mentioned here are the writers’ own thoughts or based on the talks held with some of the professionals of respective fields. Never consider the tips or ideas mentioned on Stay Young & Healthy as a substitute for physician’s advice. At Stay Young & Healthy, we strongly advise you to consult your doctor for more details.